- Lead India ABDB Program
- Lead India 2020 Sustenance
- Lead India Critical Mass Leadership Development Program
- Skill Based Training Program
Aap Badho Desh Ko Badho” (ABDB) training program
Lead India 2020 foundation programme is training and research based, experiential , result oriented , transformative and unique educational movement to create incredible human capital by bringing transformation in the basic human planes i.e. physical, mental, intellectual, emotional, social and spiritual
Unique feature of inculcation of human values is based on the hypothesis that “Values are not taught but they are caught”. Using ancient and modern psychological techniques like yoga, pranayama, meditation, self introspection , shaping , modeling and simulations etc are used for inculcation of human values. This module was developed over 30 years of research by its Founder & Chairperson Prof. Dr. N.B.Sudershan Acharya. The course was scaled up for mass transformation forming, Lead India 2020 foundation with the inspiration of the then President of India Dr.A.P.J. Abdul Kalamji.
The training programme is designed as “Aap Badho Desh Ko Badhao” i.e. individual development leads to national development. It fills the gaps of present education like life skills, vision, thinking skills, values and positive attitudes by developing specific contents, methods, techniques, activities as mentioned below:
- Introduction to Lead India 2020 movement
- Indian Cultural Heritage, Scientific contributions and history
- Relationship between individual and National Problems
- Importance of Life, Vision, mission and action plan for 2020
- Global Skills to grab global opportunities
- Physical Development and its Principles
- Mental Development (igniting powers of mind to realize vision)
- Career Development (Goal setting and Study techniques)
- Ignition of Scientific Temper (5 W’s and 1 H)
- Social Development (Respect to parents, teachers etc.)
- Human Values for Human excellence
- Spiritual Development
- National Development (implementation of Dr.A.P.J. Abdul Kalam’s 10 point Oath)
- School level Activities of Lead India National Club (LINC)
Students set high vision with immediate, Intermediate and long term personal and national goals. Tracking system is inbuilt to track their progress every day till they achieve their goals using technique of daily self introspection.
B: Lead India ABDB Sustenance
After Training, Lead India National Club (LINC) may be formed with 12 change agents + 2 teachers under chairmanship of the Head Master / Principal.
Installation Ceremony of Lead India National Club:
LINC installation Ceremony is to be performed by inviting District Collector/ Joint Collector/ District Authorities / Local Prominent role models to students.
LINC installation ceremony should be conducted to create awareness among the teachers, students and parents.
- Decorate the school and ceremony hall with flags and tri colour ribbons.
- Students may wear school dresses, teachers white dress (to the extent possible) LINC members Lead India T – shirt.
- Start the programme by installation of National Flag – National Anthem (Jana Gana Mana) Lead India Inspirational Song (Swarna Bharathi Bhatara)
- Appreciate good changes in selected change agents and Teachers.
- Explain about LINC group and its activities
- Oath may be administered to LINC office bearers
- Each group has to be introduced and specific responsibilities have to be entrusted. (duly mentioning in school letter head to group in-charge teachers and students)
- Cultural activities may be planned based on Lead India Contents.
- LINC office bearers wearing cross slashes marching as a group behind Bharatha Matha carrying National Flags along with some students dressed up as 1st National Movement Leaders.
- Students may be encouraged to give slogans on Individual problems leading to National problems and to carry display boards of the same.
- Rallies may be taken out wherever schools are located in towns to bring awareness in public.
- Principals may nominate one ToT Teacher & two Change Agents as LINC coordinator to coordinate with Lead India 2020 Foundation. Their names and contact numbers may be given in LINC installation ceremony.
Installation ceremony report may be sent to the department with a copy to the National Coordinator, Lead India 2020 Foundation, Oasis School of Excellence campus , Raidurg, Hyderabad – 500 008.
Following 6 clubs need to be setup for each LINC
1. Education & Scientific Development Group (ESDG)
- Making students to write their life goal in the first page of every note book.
- Ensuring students to set immediate goal to improve academics in their respective subjects.
- Making above average and excellent students to adopt below average and normal students to develop them as above average students.
- Conducting group discussion on the lessons taught to involve students and improve their subject knowledge, communication skills, leadership, team work etc.
- Collecting information on academics, science, mathematics, general knowledge and displaying relevant media clips on notice board.
- Developing spirit of inquiry by encouraging students to question using 5 W’s and 1H (What, Why, where, when, who and How).
- Encouraging students to make science models by using low cost- no cost materials to make wealth from waste.
- Encouraging practical application of the concepts learnt from the text books by assigning related projects/ activities
- Involving students to develop tools/ teaching aids.
- Encouraging them to participate in science exhibitions.
2. Discipline & Civic Sense Group (DCSG)
- Making students to understand the importance of ‘Q’ system and encouraging them to follow it strictly in assemblies, dining halls and wherever group distribution activities take place.
- Ensuring punctuality and 100% attendance.
- Taking initiation to conduct assembly, CCA activities and maintaining discipline during celebrations, in class room, dining hall, library, study hours, self study and in sports and games.
- Cultivating the habit of leaving slippers in a row wherever necessary.
- Ensuring careful utilization and protection of school furniture and property (lights, windows etc)
- Motivating students to pray God before meals and maintaining silence in dining halls by using food symbols.
- Making students to understand the rules of school, family and government (like traffic rules, fundamental duties etc.,)
- Motivating students to understand the importance of valuable natural resources (power, water etc.,) and their conservation
3. Literary & Cultural Group (LCG)
- Singing Lead India inspirational songs in competitions, assemblies, annual days, group meetings etc.
- Encouraging students to write and recite creative poems, slogans, advertisements, articles, skits, stories and craft paintings, drawings, poster designing etc. and motivating them to participate in similar competitions
- Conducting essay writing and debate competitions and encouraging them to improve creative instantaneous oratory skills on given occasions.
- Conducting cultural activities during Lead India National Club competitions / School annual days etc.
- Encouraging students to prepare costumes and other required materials for cultural progrmmes and events from the local available things
4. Health and Environment Protection Group (EPG):
- Insisting everyone to use dustbins for disposal of waste
- Ensuring Personal Hygiene (regular nail cuts and maintaining hair, nose, eyes, ears, teeth, clothes neat and clean)
- Making children to wash their hands by applying soap before and after meals
- Creating awareness among students to pour water after using toilets.
- Collecting and displaying the paper cuttings / any informative pamphlets concerned to Health and Hygiene on notice board
- Conducting awareness programmes on HIV/AIDS, cancer and seasonal and epidemic diseases.
- Maintaining and using first aid box in emergency
- Encouraging each student to plant 10 saplings in the name of mother, father, friend etc., and nurture them as plants to protect environment. For every birthday they may check up growth of plants.
- Implementing National Green Corps activities.
- Maintaining school and surroundings clean and green.
- Encouraging students to cultivate fruit and vegetable gardens in a small scale for school consumption (Mid Day meals etc.,) in the available un used land
5. Sports & Games Group (SGG)
- Making students to practice yoga & pranayama and other principles of health daily.
- Ensuring the participation of all students in practicing ‘Nada Prakriya’ (hearing to a particular sound) in the 1st period to improve concentration.
- Ensuring the participation of all students in meditation twice a day (both in the morning and evening)
- Motivating every student to select and specialize in some games / sports as a goal and encouraging them to participate in competitions / tournaments
- Motivating every student to set a goal to exercise daily for physical development.
6. Community Development Group (CDG)
- Motivating students to respect their parents and elders, as community starts with parents and family
- Making students to realize the fact that family development leads to social development.
- Conducting competitions to save power, water and natural resources.
- Encouraging each student to teach ten illiterates.
- Bringing back drop outs, girls, child labour to school.
- Conducting Lead India “Aap Badho Desh Ko Badhao” (ABDB) training to village youth and help them to establish village LINC’s.
C:Critical Mass Leadership Development Program
After training programme, Select best three students from each class from each class (VII, VIII, IX & X) as change agents who should be able to train other students. These selected change agents may be undergone the Critical Mass Leadership Development quarterly Programme (CMLDP) for 2 days at mandal/district level . Using “Train the Trainers model and peer group influence converts students as teachers and change agents takes up responsibility of themselves, schools, their own families, communities, nation and humanity. This model besides imparting real life skills creates large pool of global resource cadre for economic development. These change agents after CMLDP will be given summer community development projects to bring back dropouts, girl children and imparting functional literacy for their family members and neighbors, Lead India will be issued Lead India National credits. Students will develop global skills like leadership skills, team work, communication skills etc.., to grab global opportunities
Lead India 2020 is giving unique ID to each Change agent and tracking beyond schools and hand holding them till they realize their goals or up to 2020.
Skill Based Training Programs
•Time management and Goal Setting
•Build teamwork skills
•Identify individual leadership strengths
•Qualities of a leader
•Community service Project
• Building healthy relationships
• Peer Mediation/Conflict Resolution
• Mentoring younger peers and teaching skills