This programme involves holistic transformation of the society through creation of Lead India National Clubs (LINC) in every school by involving the school Principal as Chairman, Resource Teacher as Vice Chairman, 12 students from 7th, 8th and 9th classes as club heads and other students as club bearers.
1.) Following are the objectives of this programme:-
- The â€œ2nd youth national movement has been called by Dr. Kalam to amalgamate the people, Governmental, private, educational and information-oriented organizations and to empower the youth for awakening the society towards overall development.
- To reach the un-reached families in remote villages and to give them the message of ‘Aap Badho Desh Ko Badhao’.
- To create Change Agents from within these families in order that they reform their respective Villages/Mandals/Zillas/Districts in terms of literacy, employment and equality.
- To encourage the student Change Agents to create awareness among the youth and women with the help of the Master trainers about the evils of illiteracy, child-labour, laziness and bad habits such as smoking and drinking
- To provide leadership skills to all the youth and women in villages through the Change Agents in order that they all find employment opportunities
- To transform the present student generation in to a vibrant, powerful, knowledgeable force which can bring about mass social reforms in the country so that, India could become a world leader by 2020.
2.) The subjects studied by students in the school would apply in their daily life and in the society to get a personal experience of attaining responsibility to develop him/herself and to develop the nation. Apart from academics being the common foundation for LINCs, the following groups would constitute their regular activities:-
- Discipline group
- Health & Hygiene group
- Sports and Games group
- Literary and Cultural group
- Clean & Green (Environment) group
- Community development group
The Principal shall be responsible to get the best results from every group to make the school as centre of excellence. Teachers and Change Agents would form a part of each of the above groups for a period of two months, and switch over to the next group thereafter. Other enthusiastic students who desire to be the change agents may also be entrusted the responsibilities of the group.
Feedback from Schools:
The Feedback from each school would be obtained on a regular basis through online Feedback Forms and the same would be made available on public domain through this website. A database of all LINC members is being maintained and tracked in order that overall improvement can be practically monitored.
Results thus far:-
3.) Impact of Trainings:-
- Students are highly motivated to change their behavior and attitude. Many of the children attempted to stop the bad habits of their own family members and neighbors and they were successful in these reforms.
- Many students have been involved in tree-plantation, education of illiterates, protection of school property, saving water and electricity, helping below-average students in the class etc. The Lead India trained students are now acting as peer group leaders and change agents in their respective schools and the community as a whole.
4.)Â Developing Teachers as community Research Scholars
- Teachers are the actual Nation builders as they take care and educate children who are future citizens of India. In addition to teaching they also have the responsibility of developing students in to Global leaders with values.
- Lead India have taken this initiation of guiding and supporting Teachers to integrate Global Skills and Human Values into academics and continue the research on mass behavioral transformation among Students and other areas of Training. As Pilot Project to conduct this Mass Research and Sustenance programme 500 H.Mâ€™s, 3500 Teachers have been trained and given an opportunity to involve in this Research process.
- Trained Teachers not only changed themselves but tried to motivate students to change. They are developing into real community Research scholars by observations, collection of data analysis writing reports, further they are finding out interesting areas for integration of global skills and Human values with subjects like Maths, Science, and social, Telugu, Hindi and English. This type of Teachers involvement will be helpful in Holistic development of students in specific and Nation in general.
- University of Hyderabad has opened Lead India Educational research center for human values.
(a) Establishment of LINCs (Lead India National Clubs) in all the High Schools/Jr Colleges for implementation of 10 point oath given by Bharat Ratna Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam as follows.
- Excel in education
- Each one – Teach ten (illiterate persons).
- Each student plants ten saplings and ensures their growth.
- Each student stops bad habits of 5 persons and carry health care programmes
- Students identify dropouts, child labour and girls not going to school and bring back to school gender discrimination.
- Students help other students of the class who are below average in academics.
- Students have quarterly interactive sessions with successful people.
- Students take upon advisory roles and initiatives in school activities like conducting functions, cleanliness, avoidance of food-wastage, discipline within the school, etc.
- Students learn to show respect to parents, teachers and elders
- Students strive to become role models for younger children studying in Primary and Upper Primary schools
(b)Critical Mass development for Change Agents with quarterly two days programme on concentration, vision, immediate goals, mind mapping, career counseling and leadership etc.. (LINC office bearers, ToT Teachers and master trainers)
(c) Forty Five (45) day Adult literacy programme in summer vacation by the Lead India Change Agents for eradication of illiteracy
(d) Participation in social development network through LINCs
(e) Coordination with various agencies and donors to develop schools
(f) Involving people representatives for additional support
(g) Training, Supervision and Monitoring for one year and two SSC exams (March 2011 and March 2012 for measuring effectiveness and attitudinal change in the Lead India 2020 trained change agents (students).
The following diagram represents the vision of Lead India National Club (LINC) which operates at school, college, village, Mandal, District and State level to eradicate illiteracy, poverty, and unemployment of the State.
Note: LINC will develop and connect mandal, village and institutional LINCs