Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, Chief Mentor, Lead India 2020 Movement Kalam’s 10point Oath for youth I will pursue my education or the work with dedication and I will excel in it.
“Lead India 2020 is the 2nd National Movement, a mission-oriented programme for transforming youth of the country. I am confident; this movement will transform youth to achieve developed India by 2020.
India has to be transformed into an economically developed nation by 2020. Every citizen and every constituent of the country has to participate in the Lead India 2020 – a national movement to lead the Indian youth who constitute 55 per cent of the country’s population, to lead India to lead the world by 2020.
Lead India 2020 movement is training lakhs of students in many districts of Andhra Pradesh. I happened to know the transformation that has taken place among the students after undergoing the “Aap Badho Desh Ko Badhao” training. Lead India training programmes have created confidence in me that the youth of our country trained by them are on the right path and the spirit of “We Can Do It” is radiating everywhere.
I extend my warm greetings and felicitations to all those who are associated with Lead India 2020 movement and wish their efforts for the movement all success. Lead India National Clubs (LINCs) will unite all educational institutions, corporations and other institutions to share networks and resources to strengthen efforts to solve our nation’s problems.
2. From now onwards, I will teach at least 10 persons to read and write those who cannot read and write.
3. I will plant at least 10 saplings and shall ensure their growth through constant care.
4. I will visit rural and urban areas and permanently wean away at least 5 persons from addiction and gambling.
5. I will constantly endeavor to remove the pain of my suffering brethren.
6. I will not support any religious, caste or language differentiation.
7. I will be honest and endeavour to make a corruption free society.
8. I will work for becoming an enlightened citizen and make my family righteous.
9. I will always be a friend of the mentally and physically challenged and will work hard to make them feel normal, like the rest of us.
10. I will proudly celebrate the success of my country and my people.
Links to Dr. Kalam’s videos:
Inauguration of USA Chapter, March 2008:
Dr. Kalam’s last message to the Nation as President:
Dr. Kalam declaring Lead India 2020 as 2nd National Movement:
Nov 14, 2009 at Oasis School of Excellence, Hyderabad:
Launching of Statewide Lead India 2020 Training Programme by Former President, Bhart Ratna Dr.A.P.J.Abdul Kalam (9-12-2011)